AlcoholEdu is a university-wide online alcohol education program that is required for incoming students. Through this course, students will gain valuable knowledge about alcohol and its physiological effects, explore campus trends, correct misperceptions about alcohol use and learn risk-reduction strategies to help them navigate their college experience.
- An email inviting incoming students to complete Part 1 of the AlcoholEdu course was sent on August 1st and throughout the month of August. Part 1 of AlcoholEdu opened on August 14th.
- Part 1 takes around 90 minutes to complete.
- Part 1 is due by September 1st and is MANDATORY for all first-year, transfer, and campus change students.
- This course is integral to providing our students with baseline knowledge around a critical issue that they will all face, whether they choose to drink or not.
- The final deadline for taking Part 1 is September 1, 2017.
- Please remind your students to complete Part 1 of AlcoholEdu. We anticipate that it will have a significant impact on the completion rate of the incoming class.
- Students can find information and instructions for completing AlcoholEdu by visiting www.alcoholedu.uconn.edu.
- Students who do not complete both Part 1 and Part 2 of AlcoholEdu by their respective September 1st and October 19th deadlines will have a hold placed on their account which will prevent them for registering for Spring 2017 classes until AlcoholEdu is completed. For more information, contact: Wellness & Prevention Services at email@example.com
- We appreciate your help in promoting the health, safety and wellness of your students by reminding them to complete this important and educational requirement.
For more information contact: Wellness & Prevention Services at firstname.lastname@example.org