Do you know a professional, enthusiastic, and dedicated student who is looking for a paid, on-campus internship? The Center for Career Development is seeking several students for their Career Intern program. Candidates must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, display confidence, and strong public speaking skills. In addition, candidate must have an interest in educating and assisting others, and demonstrate the ability to work with a variety of personalities and populations both independently and in a team setting. If this sounds like a student you know, please share this exciting leadership opportunity with them.
Career Interns (CI’s) perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Critique résumés for undergraduate students.
• Facilitate presentations to student groups, organizations, and classes on career-related topics.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and trainings at the beginning of each academic semester and throughout the year.
- Assist full-time staff members on career-related assignments and projects.
• Disseminate accurate information to students regarding resources, services, and programs offered by the Center for Career Development.
Interns must be able to commit to working 10-15 hours per week during the Fall and Spring semesters and participate in mandatory training the week before Fall 2019 classes.
Applications will be available starting Monday, February 25, 2019. Applicants must go to the Student Employment website: studentjobs.uconn.edu (Internship, Job ID #10062) to complete and submit all materials required as indicated on page 3 of the application. We will not consider incomplete applications. The application deadline is Friday, March 15, 2018 at 5:00 P.M.
If you have any questions, then please contact Monique Cooper, Career Consultant, at Monique.firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, contact: Monique Cooper at email@example.com.