Fall 2019 Early Arrival Process
Updates for fall 2019:
- The daily rate for group early arrivals will be $45 a day.
- The Early Arrival check-in location will be in the Charter Oak Community Center this year.
- Groups will be billed for all students entered in the Early Arrival database when entry closes regardless of if the student arrives on their requested date. Please plan accordingly.
- April 8 – July 19: Group Coordinators can request access to the Early Arrival Database and enter Early Arrival students.
- July 25: Deadline to enter or remove students from Early Arrival database. Database closes.
o Groups will be billed for all requested students when the database closes. This is regardless of whether or not the student arrives on their requested Early Arrival date. Please plan ahead to avoid being charged for students who do not arrive early.
o No changes to group lists will be accepted after this date.
- July 29 – July 31: All Early Arrival requests will be processed.
o Coordinators will receive an e-mail with status of all requests.
o Requested students will receive a confirmation e-mail with check-in instructions.
- August 1 – August 8: Students who were not requested as group Early Arrivals will have access to apply as an individual Early Arrival for August 21 – August 22.
- August 17 – August 22: Early Arrivals take place in Charter Oak Apartments Community Center.
- August 23: First-year and approved sibling can begin to move-in.
- August 24: Continuing, Campus Change, and transfer students can begin to move-in.
Fall 2019 Early Arrival Fees
- Saturday, August 17th– Tuesday, August 20th – $45 per student, per day (fees are subject to change for 2020)
- Wednesday, August 21st – Thursday, August 22nd – No charge when scheduled as part of an early arrival group.
Fall 2019 Undergraduate Early Arrivals
- An undergraduate early arrival is any undergraduate resident who needs to move-in to on-campus housing prior to the official opening of the residence halls on Friday, August 23, 2019.
Early Arrival Program Coordinators
- The program coordinator is a professional staff member (non-student staff) responsible for inputting information about the early arrival students into a database managed by Residential Life. The Early Arrival database will be available within 2-3 business days of submitting program coordinator/group information to Rachel Hartley. Students in the Early Arrival database will receive detailed instructions about check-in via e-mail from Residential Life.
- Info Needed to Request Access to Early Arrival Database
o Any program that needs students to return early so they can participate in a University sponsored event or program must forward the following information to Rachel Hartley at email@example.com by July 19, 2019.
- First/Last Name of program coordinator
- Program coordinator contact information and NetID
- Name of early arrival group (please use the same name as last year if this is a continuing group)
Graduate Early Arrivals
- In July 2019, graduate students can apply individually to arrive early for the Fall 2019 semester between August 4th-22nd. Any departments who will be paying the early arrival fees for their graduate students can follow the process for undergraduate early arrivals. Graduates students who will be paying their own early arrival fees must submit an online application which will be available in July 2019.
Early Arrival Check-In Dates – August 17th-22nd
- The Early Arrival Process for undergraduate students begins on Saturday, August 17, 2019 and ends on Thursday, August 22, 2019. Continuing, including Campus Change, students and transfer students are not eligible to arrive on Friday, August 23, 2019. There is a $200 charge for continuing and transfer students who arrive on Friday and are not approved siblings of freshmen. Arrival and check-in on Friday, August 23, 2019 is for newly admitted freshmen and their siblings ONLY. Arriving on August 23, even as an approved early arrival, will result in a $200 early arrival charge placed on the student bill. This $200 fee cannot be appealed or removed.
Early Arrival Charge $45/Day for August 17th-20th
- If University departments/programs need their students to arrive Saturday, August 17, 2019 – Tuesday, August 20, 2019, the sponsoring program will be charged $45 per day, per student until August 21, 2019. The early arrival check-in location (Charter Oak Apartment Community Center) will be open from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM from August 17-21 and 9:00 AM to 5:00PM on, August 22nd. Early Arrival housing fees are subject to change in 2020.
No Early Arrival Housing Charges for August 21st-22nd
- Approved group Early Arrival students can move in at no additional housing fees on Wednesday, August 21, 2019 between 9:00 AM and 9:00 PM, and Thursday, August 22, 2019 between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM.
Changes After the Deadline
- No changes can be made to the list after the Thursday, July 25, 2019 deadline so that our staff can begin preparing for the requested early arrivals.
Billing Information Required for Registration
- A KFS account number will be required to gain access to the Early Arrival database to submit the list of students who need to arrive early.
Questions & Information
- Contact Rachel Hartley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, contact: Rachel Hartley at email@example.com