We are excited to announce that the New Employee Orientation program changes are set to begin with the August 30th/September 3rd session. Please note that with this initiative, all regular payroll hire dates are to be effective on the Friday that is the start of the pay period, which will provide all new employees the advantage of attending orientation on their 1st day of employment.
The reimagined New Employee Orientation program includes the following changes:
- Mandatory attendance for all regular payroll new hires.
- Friday orientation will be held in the Department of Human Resources, will start at 8:30 am and end at 3:15 pm*.
- *Employees in AAUP, UCPEA or CEUI (NP-2) will meet with their union at the end of the session, starting at 3:15 pm.
- In the rare situation where an employee cannot attend the Friday orientation, the hiring department is responsible for collecting required forms and documentation, and ensuring that the employee receives pertinent information from the session. Please note that state pension elections are required on Day 1 for those that are eligible. In absence of a first day pension election, eligible new hires will default to the plan designated by their Bargaining Unit or Unclassified non-union status with no appeal rights pursuant to State regulations.
- Orientation will continue on Monday in the School of Business Boardroom, starting at 8:30 am and ending at approximately 12:15 pm.
- In limited situations, approved and coordinated in advance, employees may attend the Monday session via WebEx.
- Day 2 is a required day of attendance – if there is an unexpected absence of Day 2 (for example, a death of a family member), attendance at the next Day 2 session will be required.
We appreciate everyone’s input in making these mandatory 1.5 days as engaging as possible for the next generation of UConn employees – our future!
Please see the New Employee Orientation webpage for additional information on the program, including the full schedule through 2019.
If you have any questions, please reach out to email@example.com.
University Director, Human Resources
For more information, contact: Vicki Fry at firstname.lastname@example.org