CSD’s Faculty Test Administration Services for Final Exams – Fall 2019
Students approved by the Center for Students with Disabilities (CSD) for testing accommodations have been emailed information regarding final exam procedures. If CSD will be administering and proctoring exams on your behalf please note the following:
- Whenever possible, students should take your final exams in your class – students are not required to take exams at the CSD.
- In order to assure approved accommodations are provided, your students must submit their requests to take a final exam at the CSD through MyAccess, the online system, at least one week (or 7 days) in advance of the exam date. MyAccess can be accessed from the CSD’s website homepage at csd.uconn.edu or directly at www.myaccess.csd.uconn.edu.
- The CSD anticipates reaching seating capacity and thus, may not be able to assist with all final exam requests. Your students have been encouraged to speak with you as soon as possible and submit their request through MyAccess to reserve an exam space at the CSD for finals week.
- In addition to proctoring exams at the CSD office, exams will also be proctored in the Hawley Armory gym. Check in for all exams will be held in the CSD office, room 204 of Wilbur Cross.
- The CSD will be open during the evenings of final exams week in order to accommodate 6:00 pm exams. The CSD will also be open on Saturday for exams scheduled for that day.
- If your students are approved for extended time and have exams that are in back-to-back time blocks on the same day, they should first contact their CSD Disability Service Professional (DSP) via email or by phone at (860) 486-2020. CSD will verify exam information and submit a completed Request to Reschedule Finals Form to the Dean of Students office. DOS will notify you and the student that an exam is approved to be rescheduled. Then your students should speak with you to make appropriate scheduling arrangements.
- To ensure the academic integrity of exams, the CSD will be using in-person proctors as well as live feeds from video surveillance cameras to proctor exams. No video will be recorded or stored.
- If your class is taking a final exam in HuskyCT with Respondus LockDown browser, your students must bring their own laptops to the CSD to take their scheduled exams.
- 3:30pm and 6pm exams will not be returned by students once they finish their exams as Department offices are locked in the evening. If an exam is held by the CSD and cannot be returned by the student, the CSD team will return the exam to your Department’s administrative staff within 48 hours of the exam being taken. You can always pick up your students’ exams if needed sooner at the CSD office.
- Please contact Jaclyn Moriarty, Accommodations Coordinator, at email@example.com or (860)486-2020 to discuss any questions or concerns.
|If the exam is on…||Students must submit an online exam request by…|
|Monday December 9th, 2019||Monday December 2nd, 2019|
|Tuesday December 10th, 2019||Tuesday December 3rd, 2019|
|Wednesday December 11th, 2019||Wednesday December 4th, 2019|
|Thursday December 12th, 2019
|Thursday December 5th, 2019|
|Friday December 13th, 2019||Friday December 6th, 2019|
|Saturday December 14th, 2019||Saturday December 7th, 2019|
For more information, contact: Jaclyn Moriarty at firstname.lastname@example.org