The University of Connecticut’s Women’s Center is pleased to announce the granting of the 100 Years of Women Scholarship Award. The 100 Years of Women Scholarship Fund was established in 1992 to honor a current matriculated UConn undergraduate or graduate student or a high school senior planning to enroll in the University of Connecticut, who, as a role model or advocate, has demonstrated a commitment to women’s issues through service to their community or school. Applicants must be enrolled for the entire Fall 2020/Spring 2021 academic year. The scholarship award ranges from $750 to $1,000.
We would appreciate you sharing information about the award with students, staff, and faculty members. The scholarship application and recommendation forms are available at the UConn Women’s Center, the Office of Student Financial Aid Services, and can be downloaded from the Women’s Center website (www.womenscenter.uconn.edu/programs-services/signature-programs/scholarship).
The following eligibility criteria have been established as guidelines in the selection process:
The applicant must:
- demonstrate a commitment to women’s issues through service to their community or school;
- be a current matriculated UConn undergraduate or graduate student who will be enrolled for the Fall 2020/Spring 2021 semester, or a high school senior planning to enroll at UConn;
- be in need of financial assistance; and
- demonstrate high academic performance.
To apply, the applicant must:
- a) complete all items in the application form;
- b) enclose two letters of recommendation from individuals who can comment on their commitment and service to women’s issues;
- c) enclose a Resume or Curriculum Vitae; and, d) enclose an unofficial transcript.
These documents must be forwarded to the UConn Women’s Center, 2110 Hillside Road, Unit 3118, Storrs, CT 06269-3118 by February 28, 2020. Previous recipients are eligible to apply.
For more information, please call the Women’s Center at (860) 486-4738, or the Office of Student Financial Aid Services at (860) 486-2819. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Women’s Center Assistant
University of Connecticut
2110 Hillside Rd., Unit 3118
Storrs, CT 06269-3118