Faculty and Staff – can you please share this information with your students in your programs and classes. It is beneficial experiential learning program to support with student development and growth as active citizen leaders in our community. We appreciate your support. – Carl Soares
Community Outreach’s Alternative Breaks 2021-2022: Do you have a passion about a social justice issue? Are you interested in engaging in meaningful dialogues and seeking change around this topic with your fellow UConn students? Apply for an Alternative Break! Community Outreach is offering these immersive service-learning experiences during spring break from March 12-20, 2022!
These are Spring Break- Alternative Breaks
- Food Security and Poverty (New Haven / Hartford, CT)
- Healthcare Access in Rural Communities (TBD)
- Healthcare Access and Education (Philadelphia, PA)
- HIV/AIDS Awareness and Advocacy (New York, NY)
- Racial Justice and Civil Rights (Washington D.C.)
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that; hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that” -Martin Luther King Jr.
For more information, contact: Carl Soares, Student Activities at firstname.lastname@example.org