CSD’s Faculty Assessment (Test) Administration Services for Final Exams
With Spring 2022 Finals quickly approaching, we are providing some guidance on final exam procedures for students with approved testing accommodations. Please be sure to reiterate this information to your students.
- If your final exam will be a ‘take home’ version or given remotely in a location of the student’s choice, students donot need to submit scheduling requests with the CSD. Please coordinate accommodations (i.e. 2x) directly with your students. Exams taken remotely should not be scheduled at the CSD. Please connect directly with the student’s Disabilities Service Professional (DSP) if you have any concerns about this.
- Whenever possible, students should take final exams with their instructors – students are not required to take exams at the CSD.
- Students taking their exams at the CSD mustsubmit their requests to take a final exam at the CSD through MyAccess, the online system, at least one week (or 7 days) in advance of the exam date.
|If the exam is on…||Students must submit an online exam request by…|
|Monday, May 2nd||Monday, April 25th|
|Tuesday, May 3rd||Tuesday, April 26th|
|Wednesday, May 4th||Wednesday, April 27th|
|Thursday, May 5th||Thursday, April 28th|
|Friday, May 6th||Friday, April 29th|
- CSD anticipates reaching seating capacity and may not be able to assist with all final exam requests.
- CSD will be open extended hours (8:00 am-10:00 pm) to administer all exam blocks including evening finals.
- If students are approved for extended time and have exams that are in back-to-back time blocks on the same day, they should firstcontact their CSD DSP via email. CSD will verify exam information and submit a completed Request to Reschedule Finals Form to the Dean of Students office. DOS will notify you and the student that an exam is approved to be rescheduled.
- CSD will be using in-person graduate proctors and live video proctoring to ensure the academic integrity of exams. No video will be recorded or stored.
- Check in for all exams will be held in the CSD office, room 204 of Wilbur Cross even though students will be taking exams in the CSD office and in the Wilbur Cross North Reading Room
- If your class is taking a final exam online, your students must bring their own laptops to the CSD to take their scheduled final.
- Final exams should be uploaded to your MyAccess for Instructors portal at least 24 hours in advanceof the final for the Accommodations Team to prepare materials.
- Instructors or designees may pick up completed exams at CSD anytime between 8am and 5:00pm. CSD will be unable to return finals because of the high volume of exams being administered.
We appreciate your continued partnership in providing accommodations to students with disabilities. Please contact Lara Smith, Accommodations Coordinator, at email@example.com or (860)486-2020 to discuss any questions or concerns.